Hike, Explore, and Experience the Alaskan Wilderness
Set off on your adventure at our private helipad where you will fly with one of our experienced pilots along with a naturalist expert of the area with over twenty years of experience in the Denali National Park area. From here, fly over the mountainous terrain of the Alaskan Backcountry keeping an eye out from wildlife (caribou, moose, bear, and dall sheep) on your way to a landing zone custom-picked by your guide to suite your desires and hiking ability. Whether your hope is to climb a steep slope to a mountainous ridge overlooking the peaks and valleys of the vast surroundings, or wander the gentle tundra in search of an encounter with Alaska’s wildlife, the heli-hike is a guided tour tailor-made for your personal desires.
Experience the peace and solitude the true Alaskan wilderness has to offer, gain an appreciation for the nature untampered by human hands, and prepare to let your mind expand and your thoughts flow as your legs begin to navigate through the great unknown!
What to Expect:
- 15 minutes of helicopter time with 3 hours of guided exploration.
- Helicopter drop-off and pick-up in a remote area approximately 10-15 miles away from our base.
- Learn of Alaskan wildlife and plant life in the Denali area from a professional expert and guide.
What you need to know:
- This moderate to strenuous hike is tailor-made based upon your desires and abilities; guests must be able to walk steadily on uneven terrain for up to 3 hours.
- Come prepared with comfortable walking shoes, warm layered clothing, rain gear, sunglasses, water, and snacks in a small hiking pack.
- Hiking packs are allowed and encouraged. They will be stored in the cargo compartments during your flight.
- Tundra over-boots, supplemental rain, wind, and cold gear are also available if necessary.
- To ensure the safety and comfort of all guests, purses, iPads/tablets, selfie sticks, drones, and other items of the sort are notpermitted aboard the helicopter, or in the cockpit.