You’re in the land of the midnight sun! Join as we venture from your local area accommodation down the famous Stampede Trail to our Backcountry Base Camp. There your knowledgeable naturalist guide will escort you on a one-hour hike along the tundra and taiga to a set of glacial erratics left over from the last ice age! Enjoy the wonderful fresh air as your guide teaches you about the local wildlife, flora, and area history. Upon returning to base camp, relax around a campfire and enjoy a hearty locally sourced snack, coffee, tea, and water all while listening to stories of Alaska beneath the still bright sky. Experience the tranquil solitude of Alaska.
Don’t be stuck viewing the Alaskan wild from a bus. Get out and explore under the midnight sun!
- This hiking tour is rated as moderate. Ground may be uneven with brush roots, mud, and sometimes squishy tundra.
- Trails are unimproved, and terrain may contain slight elevation changes.
- Opportunities to rest will be given, and tour is conducted at an average casual pace.
- The weather in Alaska changes frequently, and this tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly.
- Drinks will be available at base camp. It is recommended to bring a reusable water bottle, sturdy walking shoes, a jacket and/or rain gear, and a camera.
- Hiking time is 1 to 1.5 hours