Get a taste of the Alaskan Backcountry!
Enjoy this breathtaking helicopter ride through the peaks and valleys that make up the Alaska Range. Just moments after taking off from our riverside heliport, you will find yourself immersed deep in the Alaskan backcountry. As you explore the mountains just outside Denali National Park, look below for local wildlife or keep your eyes on the horizon for a chance to see Mt. Denali, North America’s tallest mountain, or Mt. Deborah, her impressive sister to the east. You will set down on the soft, alpine tundra giving you the opportunity to step out and into the scenic landscape. With the pilot as your guide, take this opportunity to explore the local ecosystem, scan for local wildlife, snap a flurry of keepsake photographs, or just sink your feet into the tundra and breathe in the crisp mountain air.
What to expect:
- 15 minutes of helicopter time
- 15-20 minutes mountain landing/exploration only accessible by helicopter
What you need to know:
- Dress warmly; layers are recommended
- To ensure the safety and comfort of all guests, backpacks, purses, iPads/tablets, selfie sticks, drones, and other items of the sort are not permitted aboard the helicopter or in the cockpit.
- Cameras and a sense of adventure are welcome!